6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 1:18:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle may have retired from the force, but it didn't mean that he actually "retired". he'd describe it as a difference in management, but the end result remains the same if he keeps getting hired to do odd jobs by the same people.

silverio works with kyle today, who had been paired to the former by the ranger's superiors for the latter's alleged experience with search-and-rescue during his time with the force. kyle, begrudgingly, leads the two of them deeper into the rusted corridors of decrepit research facility.

OPERATION #2 - RANGER RESCUE
Participants must rescue stranded people and pokemon from the sinking Sea Mauville, coordinating efforts to evacuate them safely amidst rising waters and crumbling structures.

"did you know i tried to be a ranger once," he says, making small talk as they creep nimbly on the unsteady floors of sea mauville. "i only lasted a month or so, i think."

while they could be talking about how they were supposed to fetch two stranded scientists at the bowels of the nature reserve, kyle's natural tendency to remain carefree about things doesn't place the idea in his head to do so.

03. Address environmental hazards.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:54:33 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

apparently, this job is not suitable enough for some people - or vice versa - as silverio is now hearing. at that notion, he couldn't help but to wonder, barring recent developments, if the paldean himself is truly worthy of calling himself a ranger. that remains to be determined, especially the chemistry between he and select others may be brought into question soon enough.

best not to dwell on that now, though...

light steps taken as he lends his ear to his partner for the day. the words spoken by self-proclaimed 'former' ranger would not help matters in the way of assuring one's own validity, although silv may consider himself fortunate to have been in the business for as long as he has. "that's...unfortunate..." is all that the paldean could muster as his hands battled to tinker with his communicator in search of a clear-enough signal.

suppose that the personnel that have been subject to the ongoing disaster aren't the only ones in need of help...

speaking of which, some of said workers had been reported to be trapped somewhere within the confines of all this rubble. "in any case, ranger or not, we'll take all the help we can get." and not a moment too soon.

operation #2: ranger rescue
objective #26: set up reliable communication channels
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 17:05:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while he might not have any connections deep within the organization, guesses and approximations can be made from the region's current situation. it wouldn't be too surprising if numbers are stretched thin with the rising tensions.

"i'm glad you feel that way," he says in jest, continuing the small talk as they go further in. "it helps to pay the bills."

the tone was too nonchalant and casual that it appears tone deaf despite the attempt to jest.

it was cut in a timely fashion by a faint call for help.

coming from across the wall, their only way in was a flooring slanted towards the waters, submerging itself. given a choice to dip underneath deep waters that housed wild pokemon agitated by invading humans or a risk in the structural integrity of the facility, kyle chooses to release his gyarados.

"can you check if it's safe down there?" he asks his pokemon before turning to silv. "er, or do you think we should just rush? it might be an emergency."

04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 19:14:12 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

considering the strangely casual manner of which his designated partner for the day had proceeded to address him, especially given the circumstances they find themselves in at this very moment, it's difficult for the paldean to determine if the apparent ex-ranger had truly meant to state that his former employment was a means to 'just get by'. regardless, silverio can relate, in a sense. after all, back in paldea, the necessity to gather resources needed for success on a 'treasure hunt' was each scholar's own responsibility.

suppose that life as a ranger is no different - they rely on tools for not only the care of nature, but also for support of one another.

before he can even to think to question the integrity of that other man, ears catch wind of a calling out to anyone around to hear. "wait..." silverio begins, moving towards the materials in question, quiet ripples waving at his feet with each light step taken. examining the flooring seemingly bound for the depths, his environmental-science brain deems it unsafe to traverse.

with that in mind, he summons his aquatic insect warrior to the field. "hey big guy, we're gonna need your muscle for this." silv instructs his golisopod, then meets kyle's gaze. "i agree that we'll need to act quickly, but this floor looks unstable; one misstep and we'll both sink." as he speaks, the insectoid seeks to push scraps of dampened sheetrock away, to open a suitable path to tread.

"let's move."

objective #32: clear debris or other obstacles to create safe pathways
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 2:11:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the gyarados hasn't returned yet from the simple scouting mission, and though kyle can make a few assumptions, he doesn't voice them. instead, he trusts the process and silently prays for the worst case scenario to never happen.

kyle hopes that it was the case. having to fend off a wild pokemon on the middle of a rescue operation was more work than it needs to be, considering the fact that they'll have to be looking out for more things than themselves.

with the golisopod clearing the way, they manage to cross over the obstacle, only to come across another one.

banging can be heard from a door blocked with debris. "help! is anyone out there?!" a frantic voice yells.

kyle gestures for silverio to the door, silently inviting him to talk to the worried voice behind the door.

in the mean time, kyle looks around for signs of disruption that caused the push for the dilapidated nature reserve to finally crumble down. without finding anything, he can only assume it's from inside the room or outside the hull.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 4:38:51 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

it is easy to assume that the worse possible outcome was destined to transpire, especially an environment that is evidently doomed to fall regardless of the efforts invested in attempts to salvage it. to say the least, the people will likely remember sea mauville for what it once was: a serene aquatic environment. in fact, some may even dare to call it a getaway.

alas, no one and not a damn thing would be getting away from his mess, it seems...

the other man's partner has yet to return from its assigned directive. a cause for concern, indeed. nonetheless, there is still the overall objective to consider here. with an assist from the insectoid, the pair clears the makeshift trial, but that later proves to be the first of what could be many lying ahead.

a voice calling from behind a blockaded door. this prompts the paldean to lend his ears to the source, but not before a sheet of tainted drywall drops down near him. his golisopod, like a samurai quick to draw his sword, swoops in to secure the shattered pieces. "too close..." slowly but surely, the place is falling apart.

"it's gonna be alright, we'll get you out! but right now, we're gonna need you stay calm, okay!?" somehow..."is there anyone else in there with you!?" asks the ranger. meanwhile, the aquatic insect commences use of its metal claw to carefully sever portions of debris near the door.

objective #40: use a pokemon to stabilize collapsing structures temporarily.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 19:25:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"t-t-the toxapex!" the scientist cried.

she immediately runs behind them as soon as the golisopod cuts the door open. on her hands was a musharna, whose dream mist trails behind on their wake.

"i-it's just me, i-if that's what you're asking," he clarifies, using the moment of reprieve to adjust her glasses. "i stayed behind the team since i thought this was the last time i can check these things out..."

"is it because of kyogre or..." kyle peeks inside the room, and instead, finds what the researcher was here for: the unruly state of the wild pokemon. "oh. that."

a pile of toxapex hung on one side of a panel of a floor, slanted towards the water as their weight dragged the floors to the deeps. kyle supposed it was the same tilt that brought the blockage against the doors.

the surprise factor was the terastalization of these wild pokemon to a dark-typing.

"i had my musharna put them to sleep, but..."

kyle's gyarados pops its head on the other side of the room. a hand from its trainer lazily motions to the pokemon with a shooing gesture, of which the gyarados starts dragging them back to the depths.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 21:52:28 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

the what...!?

a pokémon that the paldean had recently gotten all too familiar with, and this wouldn't be the first time he has encountered them during these operations. the first time? he'd rather forget about it; never before had an intel-gathering mission had come so close to going haywire. he could only wondered how robin had been doing since then. regardless, there was a job still needing to be done, and it was to get this worker out of here to safety. this facility? anything but safe in its current condition.

this person was alone in there...

oh, the horror! who knows what would have become of her if neither silv nor kyle had made it to her in time. and what's worse was that there appears to be a pattern set. the floor beneath them here, laid out in a similar manner than what they'd seen a moment ago. "could the toxapex have been weighing down the other floors too..." the paldean thinks aloud. "...and deciding to move around once they'd completely fallen off...?" a sound hypothesis, or so he leads himself to believe.

as the gyarados proceeds to do away with the toxapex in the room, silverio averts his attention to the afflicted sea mauville employee. "it's alright, you'll be safe with us. but we'll need to move quickly."

objectives complete
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,584 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 4:19:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"y-yeah," she would confirm. "t-that's why it's important to get everything we can from this place! we're not sure how long we have before the entire place falls apart."

the only ones left on hoenn are the ones that have better things in their life than their safety, or at least, that's what kyle thinks. for this researcher, it probably was undying curiosity that got her in the field.

he doesn't personally understand it, but he's seen enough of these kinds of personalities that he gets how important their drive is to them.

"just follow mister delfino over here," he tells her, "and i can handle the rear."

the gyarados was already in position to support from the waters if needed, as well as defer any pokemon that might find interest in the action, but kyle's biggest motivation of staying in the rear was social interaction.

if things go wrong, she'd probably interact with the person leading the way more.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 7:43:27 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

it was only natural for diligent folks like this person apparently was to want to commemorate or salvage their work. but in the thick of this mess, there may not be ample time to do so. besides, there were other rangers and volunteers that may be tasked with collecting any intel from these broken-down facilities. right now, the victim's safety takes precedence over anything else.

"this way!"

the paldea-born ranger directs the scientist, taking point in looking to establish an escape route, with kyle apparently choosing to bring up the rear. just as the gargantuan sea serpent takes a stance from the waters to oppose any potential threats, silverio's aquatic insect warrior holds firm above the surface - barely.

onward, to safety - to higher grounds - all the same...

objectives complete

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[wops] kylverio
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 23:53:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven